How Much House Can/Should I Buy?


How Much House Can/Should I Buy?



Some Realtors are going to be mad at me for writing this article, but I honestly don't care, because I don't work for them. I work for you.

Many real estate agents will get your pre-approval letter from your lender, see how much you are approved for, and only show you houses worth that much. The big problem though, is you may not be able to afford that much house! Better yet, maybe you can afford it, but you don't want to be spending all your hard earned money on your mortgage!

The goal of this article is to get you to start thinking about how much you SHOULD pay and not what you CAN afford.

I don't like the word CAN in real estate. I CAN technically take a 10 day cruise, but then I would be struggling to pay my bills next month. It would be really fun in the moment, but really suck after. The word SHOULD is what you "should" be using when it comes to purchasing a home. Like, I should go to work today, I should eat healthy and I should do my laundry. Sometimes we don't want to do those things, but they need to get done or else you would be poor, fat and smelly. Not a good look...

Here is an example for you. Cindy and John are getting ready to buy a home. They are pre-approved for a $200,000 loan. They are paying $1,100 in rent right now. Now, take a look at option A and B. What would you do?







So, option A or B?

I personally would go with B. There are just too many benefits! Now, why would I want to sell you a cheaper home?!?!?! That would mean less money for me, and we know how much realtors like money...

My goal is to always get you the best deal and have you end up in a positive situation. I want to see you succeed in your home buying goals. I guess I just have a little thing called ethics. 


Still have questions? Well you should!

Give me a Call, or Message me, or Email me, or check out my Website, or my Facebook! Lot's of options...



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why Do I Need a Pre-Approval?